Monday, April 09, 2007

Cake Walk

I've honestly never really been a fan of cake. Love icing, just not the stuff underneath it.


I was always the weird kid at birthday parties who begged for the slice with the frosting rose, then ate all the icing and left soggy cake wedges behind and ran off in a sugar induced frenzy. While I'm a decent cook (with a kicking manicure, thanks Giada!) I've never been a good baker. And I really only got into the cupcake craze for the cute accessories and the high icing to cake ratio.


So I was totally psyched when I got a moisturizer that sounded like it was made from icing! Buttercream, from DuWop promised to be dessert for my body. Yum. Who isn't into that?


But when I smelled it I noticed it didn't quite smell like icing. It actually smells exactly like cake batter. Coffee cake batter, to be exact. Which is good, because my one big exception to the cake-hating rule is for a really good coffee cake.


The lotion goes on smoothly and sinks in really fast. While the smells lingers, it's not over powering, and given the cold snap, I only notice the smell occasionally and I don't have hungry co-workers following me around waiting to pounce.


Little known fact: government workers are vultures when it comes to cake, especially free cake. It turns into Shaun of the Dead around here when it's someone's birthday. Actually, that's probably pretty widely known.


So I'm soft and pretty, smell nice, and am safely protected from cake-eating zombies. The only problem is that I sometimes get a hankering for a slice of cake...


photo courtesy of duwop.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've sampled some of this, and it does seem amazing. But your analysis made it even more enticing. I think I'm going to have to run out and try it again!

corinneyb said...

Your Shaun of the Dead comment made me laugh out loud! It's not solely restricted to gov't workers, though - I work in an office of only about 55 people, and the only time I see a good 65% of them is during our monthly birthday celebration! People will come out of the woodwork with this look on their face that says "Do I smell free cake and ice cream?"

Heather Henderson said...

if you want to smell like icing, try Jaqua Buttercream Frosting. They have a whole range of products, including hand cream, which I keep next to my keyboard.

Coach Outlet Online said...

Coach Outlet Online

Coach Factory Outlet Online said...

Coach Factory Outlet Online Leading American designer and maker of luxury lifestyle handbags and accessories.Large market in Europe and Canada,UK,USA etc.Welcome to Order!

Coach Factory Outlet said...

coach factory outlet feature a predominantly black upper constructed from a soft nubuck as well as patent leather which can be noticed on the Air Max 90 toe box.