Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jumbo Jet Liners








Eyeliners are awesome.






Okay, fine, I say this about just about every beauty product, but I really mean it this time!

Seriously though, they can define your eyes, enhance your lashes, wake up a look, and what other product, when applied with the hand of a third-grader with the shakes can be smudged and then called a look?

I'm not even going to try to say that I'm good at putting on eyeliner. But I've got Q-tips, and, contrary to what Paul McCartney says, that is all you need.

Lately I've been intrigued by brightly colored eyeliners. Since my "going out makeup" has recently look a whole lot like my "work makeup" and my "waking up having forgotten to take off my makeup because I was working on a briefing book last night makeup" I decided it was time to branch out.

While I wandered, weak and weary, through Sephora, nothing was really grabbing my eye and was about to give up and check out the Sephora brand nail polishes, when I noticed their Jumbo Eyeliner pencils. They come in a multitude of hot metallic shades and cost a jaw dropping five dollars.

No, really, I think my jaw dropped, which was unfortunate because I think I was inhaling a latte at the time. Those little cotton pads are not quite as good as Bounty for mopping up spills, let me tell you.

I picked up an emerald green and a dark violet pencil, both of which I have worn out on the town to great effect. Well...at least I felt more dressed up than when I go to work.

They aren't the softest of pencils, so I might recommending warming the tip with a hair dryer (ON LOW!!) for a second or rolling between your fingers to aid in application. But for trying out a color that you are not so sure of, this is the way to go.

Next up...I might try a blue mascara. I know! I know! I'm such a trend whore. I'm like the sucker kid in an afterschool special on peer pressure where Rachel Zoe is playing the pusher.



Also, a killer idea, DuWop has a pencil sharpener with an antibacterial blade! Yes! Cooties begone! No pink-eye for this girl.


photos courtesy of sephora.com

9 comments:

Big Sky Girl said...

Thank you, Thank you, Cap Barbie for being a trend...well you know.

I have been looking for an eyeshadow in just that shade of green. Fabulous. Sephora here I come!

Lauren said...

try aqua/teal for summer. looks great with a tan

Jessorz said...

I've been thinking about trying violet eyeliner...what else do you wear with it?

Beauty Chick said...

I bought a YSL mascara in a plummy eggplant color and it really brightened up my eyes. Now I'm intrigued to try blue liners and mascara. You know, to match my trendy navy blue nails - LOL :)

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one with eyeliner issues. I don't feel so alone anymore!

caphillbarbie said...

I'll be your trend whore any day! Happy to do it. I typically pair the violet liner with a medium purple shadow at nighttime, or just a little champagne shadow during the day. For the emerald, I go with a silver shadow or honestly just load up the eyeline and leave the rest bare. I always try to go with a pale lip with heavy eyes too. Sometimes even just a swipe of Rosebud and I'm good to go.

Coach Factory Outlet Online said...

Coach Factory Outlet Online Leading American designer and maker of luxury lifestyle handbags and accessories.Large market in Europe and Canada,UK,USA etc.Welcome to Order!

Coach Factory Outlet said...

coach factory outlet feature a predominantly black upper constructed from a soft nubuck as well as patent leather which can be noticed on the Air Max 90 toe box.

Coach Outlet Store Online said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!