Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Apparently, I Need New Parents

I'm super picky about perfume. Mostly, I just don't like them.

I think most are too cloying, or too musky, or just plain gag worthy.

I've found one or two that I like, but I approach most fragrances like men approach a woman crying...slowly, with great trepidation and with the expectation that you are totally going to regret this moment for at least a week.

So, when I received the new YSL fragrance, Parisienne, I was seduced by the lovely pictures of Kate Moss looking fab in a leather bustier and the simple but chic egg shaped bottle. Also, the press release kept talking about how Paris adopts you!

What could be better!?! I mean, besides Daddy Warbucks adopting you.

Nothing.

I spritzed a little on before a night out in the pouring rain, still not feeling like Ms. Moss over there. Once the alcohol smell burned off, the scent was pleasant. Light, somewhat sweet and floral.

Not bad!

So, Paris didn't take me home and show me my new bedroom in the Palais Royal or whatnot, but at least I have a new scent that doesn't make me or my husband gag. Which is nice...

This product was provided to me free through the Total Beauty Sneak Peek program.

3 comments:

texas legal recruiter said...

I've always been a little confused about this one. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I think I do, but it's not my fav.

temptu said...

This is something I always look forward too.

Blogger said...

If you'd like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and night clubs...

Then I encourage you to play this eye-opening video to unveil a weird secret that might get you your personal harem of beautiful women:

FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...