Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FW First Anniversary Party


I went.

I saw.

I drank at least one too many mojitos.

Yup, Fashion Washington, the Washington Post quarterly fashion publication, had it's first anniversary party and I swear I haven't been to a birthday party that great since that one in third grade at the ice skating rink in Yonkers.

It was crazy! We skated...I wore a skirt. We got hot chocolate AND soft pretzels. Pretty hard to top.

Held at totes amazing new space Masa 14, this party was kicking from moment one. First of all, The Sartorialist was there!!! Scott Schuman was there signing books and looking generally sharper than sharp.

PS Typing "Sartorialist" on an iPhone into Twitter after two drinks with one hand? The next Olympic sport.

I got a chance to hang with the ever hip Brightest Young Things who were stopping in for a quick sec while prepping for their comedy festival. Among the others in attendance? Project Beltway, DC Concierge, Ms. Spinach, La Rue Neuve, Capitol Hill Style and many more.

I also met some awesome people in and around DC and I have to say, I'm very proud of everyone. People looked amazing. I mean, I'm sure everyone thought I was looking for a better conversation because I kept scoping out those around me, but I really just wanted to see what everyone is wearing! I swear, I heard every word.

So, happy anniversary Fashion Washington! Be sure to check out pictures on their blog and on Brightest Young Things later today...

8 comments:

Ms. Spinach said...

Yay!!!

Lizzy said...

you're talking about Murray's aren't you? i still haven't been to a party as good as my sixth grade joint birthday party with my best friends at the time. guess i'll have to come down to dc and try out the scene there. keep us posted on what's hot!

Little Miss Fun Finds said...

Sounds like fun!

airbrush makeup said...

Wow its there first anniversary, congratulations to them!

Coach Outlet Online said...

Coach Outlet Online

Coach Factory Outlet Online said...

Coach Factory Outlet Online Leading American designer and maker of luxury lifestyle handbags and accessories.Large market in Europe and Canada,UK,USA etc.Welcome to Order!

Coach Factory Outlet said...

coach factory outlet feature a predominantly black upper constructed from a soft nubuck as well as patent leather which can be noticed on the Air Max 90 toe box.

Coach Outlet Store Online said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!