Saturday, June 07, 2008

Yes We Can! (Dress Better!)

Quite a buzzy week here in DC.

Political wonks going beserk with so much to talk about and Hill folk salivating over the prospects of new jobs everywhere.

But me?

Well, I couldn't stop looking up pictures of Michelle Obama from Tuesday night's victory speech.

I was frankly stunned at the look.  I've always admired her style of simple, clean, elegant looks that bridge the gap between politician wife-mom and professional woman, but this one blew me away.

A simple sheath dress in a deep purple hue that looked great against her skin tone and paired with a classic strand of pearls.  While this might have looked great on its own, she toughened up the look with a studded black leather belt.


Yeah, so I've guess I've got a girl crush on Obama.

I get the feeling this chick does too.

photos courtesy of nytimes.com

4 comments:

styleLush said...

funny thing is - i was just thinking the same!! i was flashing through mrs obama's outfits...stumbled upon this article in todays nytimes which i think you will like!

Well I Do Declare said...

I'm not sure who I am going to vote for, but I am loving Mrs. Obama's style. As far as first ladies go, I think she could hit the ground running with her style. Laura Bush had to have some coaching... although she has come around.

Kara said...

I agree. She is STUNNING.

Coach Outlet Store Online said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!