Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gossip Girl: Never Been Marcused

Honestly, I thought this episode was a little filler-ish and I had a devil of a time tracking down most of the good outfits from this one.  Especially Blair's toile dress from the party at the Hudson.  

I've also noticed that as Serena's plot line gets lamer, so do her clothes.  The stylist seems to rely heavily on shiny silk.  A sure sign of poor plot twists to come.



Blair's headband here is Forever 21!  While most of the headbands (and there are many) come from Jennifer Behr and are beautiful, I have to say that the selection at Forever 21 is pretty great and a much easier price point.

Her necklace, however, will set you back a cool $1200 at the Garland Collection.  So, yeah.  I'd probably go for the headband.

Serena's only decent outfit (because I was NOT a fan of her boho maxi dress with the boobs hanging out) was courtesy of Wayne.  See...with the shiny silk.  Portent of dull conversations with Dan to come.

Blair's dress is Marc by Marc Jacobs and was on sale at Cusp sometime in mid-July.  I believe it is officially sold out and this one is definitely tailored on her.  I tried it on.  I know.

Ugh, enough with summer!  I want blazers and tie blouses and tights!

photos courtesy of gossipgirlinsider.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something extremely terrifying and fascinating about $200 headbands. Yoiks!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE these recaps. :)

Unknown said...

did you ever find Blair's toile dress from the Hudson party? It's been months and I've still had no luck!

Coach Outlet Online said...

Coach Outlet Online

Coach Factory Outlet said...

coach factory outlet feature a predominantly black upper constructed from a soft nubuck as well as patent leather which can be noticed on the Air Max 90 toe box.

Coach Outlet Store Online said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!

Seafood Recipes said...

Good reaading