Sunday, October 15, 2006

Eat it, Tim Russert!

So this morning, I was sipping some coffee and gearing up to watch the midterm election smackdown-fest on Meet the Press while checking out some of the comments on the blog.

And then coffee goes spraying all over my apartment.

Apparently I was mentioned in Marie Claire magazine?!?!?

This clearly necessitated a dash to CVS in my peejays.

And there it was:

"WASTE YOUR TIME HERE"

I cannot tell you how flattering it is that someone considers my site worthy of their procrastination time.

So...welcome Marie Claire readers!!

I promise to try keep you from work you should be doing in the future.

PS I'll try to post a copy of the article here, if Blogger EVER lets me post pictures again. Sniff. Otherwise, check out the November issue of Marie Claire on the newstands with Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover. Page 56!

12 comments:

Annieytown said...

Congrats!!! That is wonderful.
I second the previous blogger...you are brillant and the best way to waste time on the net!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's wonderful. And your blog is, indeed, one of my very favorite ways to spend my time.

Alison Santighian said...

Congrats! I feel honored to know (at least through the web) such a blogebrity!

Anonymous said...

Hey I found out about you from Marie Claire! Congrats on being so popular :)! Keep it up, you have now totally saved me, I was running out of places to procrastinate online.
-Lauren

Beauty Chick said...

Rock On! That's awesome. I can't believe the magazine didn't email you or anything (even just to check that you'll keep on writing - and we're glad you will!).

Anonymous said...

I really liked your advice on bodyglide, it sounds handy, as I am a high-heel shoeaholic! Now if I can just get to a sporting goods store...

Anonymous said...

I've also found your blog through the Marie-Claire site! Keep on blogging so that way I can be inspired to make it up to D.C. more often! I'm going to add you to my list of must reads on my blog if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

I also found you through Marie Claire. I'm enjoying reading you as I'm from your area, but now sadly living on an entirely different continent and missing home. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I saw you in Marie Claire as well!

I'm addicted already... :|

Congrats btw!

Anonymous said...

aw what an honor! I love the new MC.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I actually surfed on over from a non-Marie Claire site. However, still love your blog - keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!...obessed with policy and products....I am huge Tim Russert and Marie Claire fan!
I miss George Magazine...Your site is the heir to that idea...
I live just outside the beltway...and I am always looking for new places to shop, I like Blue Mercury in Georgetown, and Lush for great bath products..What are your favorites?