Monday, March 24, 2008

Ultra Monday


As I type this, it's T minus 15 minutes and counting until The Hills season continuation premiere!


But I want to tell you about something else.  Something serious.  A new facial cleanser on the market!


Last week, I stopped into Kiehl's to pick up my favorite cleanser, the Washable Face Milk and I also snagged some samples of the brand spanking new Ultra Facial Cleanser.

Since I also regularly use the company's Ultra Facial Cream, I was pretty psyched to make all the bottles on my sink match.


Honestly?  I wish I could tell you that I loved it.

Well, I could.

But I would be lying.

It comes out looking like shampoo, very viscous and cloudy looking.  And it feels like honey spreading onto your face.  I happen to prefer a little less work in the evenings to get my cleanser on my face.

It lathers up really well once you start rinsing it off, but I felt it took a lot to get it all off my face.  And then my face didn't feel squeaky clean.

To be sure, it was a little disappointing.  

But then again, I'm sure The Hills will be too.  I heard Justin Bobby is back though!  Maybe not so disappointing....

photo courtesy of kiehls.com

5 comments:

Sorority in the City said...

While I've yet to have an appointment with my DVR to watch last night's Hills, it is great to know that it's not worth trying to the new Kiehls face wash. A woman at Bloomingdale's tried to get me to try it just the other day. Good info.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading (and laughing, learning, and enjoying) for a few months now but haven't posted. I'm wondering if you've seen The Real Housewives of NYC on Bravo. It's one of those trashy yet delightful guilty pleasure reality shows. I read a review of it and the writing sounded like yours so it made me think of you. I'm sure your comments on it would be hilarious.

Also, how is DC in the summer? I've applied for several political internships and now have the choice of Boston or DC.

Anonymous said...

DC in the summer is steamy and preppy. Have you a good fake ID?

caphillbarbie said...

I actually caught the minimarathon of the Wives this weekend and as a native I was pretty much appalled. I love trashy TV, but that show gives NYers a bad name.

I agree with Anon, DC in the summer is like a Bikram yoga class...but all day long. However, the summer is also chock full of interns and stuff to do! I recommend it, and be careful with the fake ID, and stay away form anything involving the words "Smith" and "Point."

Anonymous said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com
http://best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor