Wednesday, March 05, 2008

XXL - The Redux


I stopped by my local CVS this weekend for the usual...some Cottonelle (yeah, that's right, I'm a sucker for the Zack Braff puppy commercials)...peruse some magazines without buying...and cruise out the mascara aisle.


I needed a replacement for my recently beloved Maybelline XXL, and I was prepared to simply buy the same one...until I noticed that they were on sale for buy-one-get-one-free!


Sweeet....


I picked out the Curl Power version and tried it this morning.


The first thing I noticed was that the primer is a light purple. That threw me a little bit. The second thing is that the curved brush takes a little getting used to.


I had trouble depositing enough mascara on my lashes, so I ended up looking a little weird today. But I'm willing to try again.


I think I noticed a little extra curl in the lashes when I put on the primer, but that could just be wishful thinking. (Does anyone else think that curling mascaras are a bunch of hooey? It's the Barnum Effect of beauty.)


My second choice was the Intense XXL, hopefully it will give me what the Curl Power lacks...
Will report back!
photo courtesy of maybelline.com

3 comments:

BeautyTalk said...

why is it so hard to find a good mascara? I have about ten new mascaras right now because I'm on the hunt for my perfect match.

merrygoland6 said...

Hi, I love your blog!

I was wondering if you could insert my link on your site?

http://merrygoland6.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!!
merrygoland6

Anonymous said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com
http://best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor