Thursday, April 27, 2006

Don't leave home without it

...if you can remember

I might be one of the worst travelers. EVER.

I am, by nature, forgetful and a procrastinator. I dream of being one of those people who packs their T. Anthony carry-on with useful, multipurpose items that can go anywhere. Like those women in Bazaar magazine this month who claim that they can go out at night in St. Barts in a bikini and a sarong. Riiight. That's not me.

I wait until the last minute to pack, then end up going out for dinner and drinks to come home at 11 pm to a bed covered in clothes. I throw things into a bag at random until it is full, and then wind up where ever I am with four shirts, a dress, six pair of shoes and a bra but no underwear or pants. Beauty-wise, I'll end up bringing seven eyeliners and glitter eyeshadow, but no concealer.

So here is the list of beauty supplies I would never take a trip without, if I could remember to actually put them in my bag:
  • Vincent Longo liquid foundation in Porcelain
  • Clinique concealer
  • Eyelash curler and mascara
  • Nars Blush in Sin
  • Vincent Longo eyepencils in Silvertaupe and Smoke
  • Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trio in Orbit Dusk (are we noticing a trend in brands?)
  • Chanel Glossimer Lip Glosses in Satinette and Glaze
  • Q-Tips
  • Ponytail holders
  • Ambien (unless you are prone to sleep-eating!)
  • Smith's Rosebud Salve
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
  • Kerastase Shampoo
  • Terax Crema Conditioner
  • Luna Bars (no one can look good when they are hungry!)
  • Cetaphil Face Wash
  • Erno Laszlo REM SPF 30 moisturizer
  • a Starbucks card

For my trip today, I forgot at least three of these things. But I did remember underwear! I think...

No comments: