I might be one of the worst travelers. EVER.
I am, by nature, forgetful and a procrastinator. I dream of being one of those people who packs their T. Anthony carry-on with useful, multipurpose items that can go anywhere. Like those women in Bazaar magazine this month who claim that they can go out at night in St. Barts in a bikini and a sarong. Riiight. That's not me.
I wait until the last minute to pack, then end up going out for dinner and drinks to come home at 11 pm to a bed covered in clothes. I throw things into a bag at random until it is full, and then wind up where ever I am with four shirts, a dress, six pair of shoes and a bra but no underwear or pants. Beauty-wise, I'll end up bringing seven eyeliners and glitter eyeshadow, but no concealer.
So here is the list of beauty supplies I would never take a trip without, if I could remember to actually put them in my bag:
- Vincent Longo liquid foundation in Porcelain
- Clinique concealer
- Eyelash curler and mascara
- Nars Blush in Sin
- Vincent Longo eyepencils in Silvertaupe and Smoke
- Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trio in Orbit Dusk (are we noticing a trend in brands?)
- Chanel Glossimer Lip Glosses in Satinette and Glaze
- Ponytail holders
- Ambien (unless you are prone to sleep-eating!)
- Smith's Rosebud Salve
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
- Kerastase Shampoo
- Terax Crema Conditioner
- Luna Bars (no one can look good when they are hungry!)
- Cetaphil Face Wash
- Erno Laszlo REM SPF 30 moisturizer
- a Starbucks card
For my trip today, I forgot at least three of these things. But I did remember underwear! I think...