Thursday, April 20, 2006

Les Cheveux Irresistibles!


I have always been slightly fascinated by the Kerastase hair products.

When I lived in Paris, I would see the hair salons with the lucite shelves just filled with the short solid bottles. They always seemed so chic, but they were not available at my local Monoprix (which was sort of like the Target of France, but with way better food). This meant that to purchase a bottle, I would have to work up my nerve and my French language skills, go into a salon and talk to the people about my hair. Let's just say I came home with the same Pantene I bought at the CVS at home.

So, over the years since I have been home, I have romanticized the Kerastase products, and put off buying them because they are pricey and I am a wuss. Well, I was rooting around in a bag of Christmas gifts (yes, they are STILL sitting in bag in our living room) and found that someone had given us a bottle of the Kerastase Bain Volumactive Shampoo! While it might not be my first choice from the line, I could surely use some more volume in my life!

I have been using it for a week now, and I am liking the results. I certainly noticed a little more volume and have noticed that after I take down a ponytail, even after working out, there isn't really that "ponytail bump." The only downside is that I have noticed that my hair isn't quite as soft as it is when I use my old standby of Pantene for color treated hair.

The saddest thing about the whole experience is that I have not turned into Catherine Denueve overnight or anything. Maybe I need the matching conditioner and hair mask...

No comments: