Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Eye Light, Eye Bright, First Eye I See Tonight

I was recently up in New York visiting the fam and had the occasion to be putting on makeup with my younger sister.

Suddenly, she whips out this chunky pink pencil and starts waving it around.

"Have you ever used this???" she asked me.

Well, first I told her to stop waving it around so I could see what it is.

Eye Bright, from Benefit, she tells me...voice dripping with the fragrant potpurri of condescension and superiority.

Ahhh, yes, I say. I was into Benefit when you were just a fetus and you could only order through their catalog on the East Coast! You put it around the edges of your eyes to highlight them.

My sister shakes her head. "Well, I use it under my eyes to lighten the dark circles." And as a recent college grad, she knows from dark circles.

So, I ask, do you put it under or over your concealer?

You would have thought I just asked who that Britney Spears person was and why do all the 'youngsters' like her so much.

"I don't use a concealer," she replies. "Here, try it."

And so I did. Apparently she was right! It gives a little *pop* to the shadow under my eyes so when I stopped by Sephora to pick up a Rosebud tin for my boyfriend (he KEPT taking mine!!) I bought myself an Eye Bright.

I still think I need a little concealer on those rough days, but I'm an old lady.

Those kids today!

I taught her everything she knows.

5 comments:

Big Sky Girl said...

If you like benefit eye bright, you should try the Smashbox Concealer/Primer duo.

It's an under eye concealer that comes with a pinkish primer, they blend seamlessly. Very nice product.

BabsieD said...

I tried the Eye Bright trick--you're so right! Can't wait to compare to Big Sky's Smashbox rec.

I've been struggling with Laura Mercier's secret concealer forever--I can never get the color right, and it's so balmy that it kind of tugs at your undereyes, even if you mix it w/moisturizer.

Thanks gals!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! You make me sound like I'm a tennybopper that is about 15! You arent even that much older than me! haha
Well it makes me feel warm and special inside that you included me in your blog....i told you that stuff works!

Freckled K said...

I am going straight home to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Dammit, I had JUST plateaued on my Sephora-product-craving. So much for that -- sorry, bank account.

Thanks for the wikkit-awesome review tho!