Monday, May 22, 2006

Short and Sweet

Okay, that earlier post was extremely long. I'm like Joe Biden over here.

I am clearly not heeding the adage of my 11th grade French teacher who told us when it comes to essays: think of a woman's skirt, keep it long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting.

Anyhoo, I love lip gloss. As in, I want to marry it and have its babies. I keep several in each purse at all times (I like options!).

My current faves are the Glossimer lip glosses from Chanel. They come in the most fabulously elegant packaging and a wide variety of pretty colors and see-though-it-ness. I keep Satinette (apparently a favorite of Scarlett Johansson, and I want anything that makes me more like her) and Glaze with me at all times.

This weekend at Sephora, I fell for Seashell and Sesame, both slightly peachier shades than my normal pinks, which feel so totally right for summer.

The drawbacks are these:
  • they are sticky, I'm not going to lie to you. Get thee to a ponytail holder.
  • the colors on the website are completely inaccurate. Caveat emptor.
  • they are NOT inexpensive. A penny saved, well...can buy you a pretty lip gloss.

That's it!

No comments: