Monday, July 17, 2006

Holy Hotness, Batman!


Well, the extreme weather keeps on rolling here in the Nation's Capital.

While June was "the month that everything you know and love will be washed away in a torrent of water that flows from the sky endlessly," apparently July will be known as "the month where the sun will beat down upon you, the air will feel like split pea soup, and you will use three sticks of deodorant."

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone living in the Northeast, Midwest or Southwest...oh, hell, ANYWHERE...when I say, "It is ridonculously hot out!!"

Yes, folks, here in D.C. the temperature is expected to hit 100 degrees today for the first time since August 2002. And it's apparently going to keep doing this until next week. It's like living in a Bikram yoga class.

These are the days when I would rather stab myself with a red-hot poker than turn on my hair dryer, so I needed to get creative with my styling routine. I dug up a sample of appropriately-named-for-today Kiehl's Heat-Protecting Silk Straightening Cream and ran a dollop through my hair. Then I ran out the door because I was already late for work.

After my weekly staff meeting, I checked my newly dried hair. Wavy, soft and shiny, with just a little puffiness and some flyaways. Pretty good, considering I spared myself the blowtorch that is my hairdryer. Hotter-than-hell conditions approved!

I'm going to try to keep posting about beat-the-heat type beauty products, because the thought of doing anything else is enough to give me heart palpitations.

In the mean time, please refrain from asking anyone, "Hot enough for ya?" Should you be on the receiving end of said statement, you have my permission to smack the speaker.

Also, check out these tips on keeping cool from The Post, stop by a cooling center, or more tips from DCist.

No comments: